Sunday, January 27, 2013

Screen's shot

I'm starting to think there is a problem with the screens Motorola uses in its Droids. Either that or because I have been lucky enough not to crack a phone to this point I manage to keep them long enough that some other bug pops up.

I am writing this entry from the Pacific Place center in downtown Seattle, across the street from a Verizon Wireless store. Yes, they said, the phone is dead. No, they said, we cannot do warranty replacements, they must be sent to my home address. Yes, they said, they are sent overnight. No, they said, since this is Sunday the order won't be filled until Monday and it will be Tuesday before I have a replacement.

Just like the last time this happened, 20 months ago, they have been great about it. Phone is still under warranty so I will probably get a reconditioned unit, but at least it won't cost me anything. Oddly, the last time this happened, the reconditioned phone outlived the one I bought new (that Droid 2 lasted all of four months before the screen died in the middle of the Strasburg Mayfest).

Now I have the new and improved Droid 4, although I guess it's a paperweight about now. Thankfully, I am warm and dry on a cold, windy, rainy day. Unthankfully, this has cut into the time I thought I would be taking photos of people dealing with the cold, windy, rainy day. Thankfully, I will now stop using this back and forth device. Unthankfully for readers, I wanted to do it one more time.

So we'll do some people watching in front of Barnes and Noble for a little while (What's this? A bookstore? Wow!) and get on the road back to Los Angeles soon. What a crazy world this is.


No comments:

Post a Comment